Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Hello readers!

I wanted to share with those reading what occurred on Saturday, June 7, 2014.

On this day two people were married.

My parents and I, among others, were guests, witnessed the love between two people as they were being married. The wedding and the reception was rustic themed. The theme colors were yellow, grey, dark navy blue, and brown. The groomsmen wore dark navy blue suits with dark reddish brown leather shoes. The bridesmaid's wore yellow dresses. Each lady wore a similar yellow dress. The groom wore a soft grey/beige suit.

Following the theme, I wanted to wear similar colors.

I went to Charming Charlie's in April, and found this dress, this necklace, and the earrings.



This dress is a knee-length shift dress. I wore white flats with black toe caps from Payless (not shown).

The brand from Payless that I love is called Dexflex Comfort. Each pair of shoe has arch support and cushioned insoles. I suggest you go find a pair you love and buy them. Your feet will be happy.


The reception was held at the Dominguez Rancho Adobe Museum.
The museum is on top of a hill. The reception was outside and unfortunately it was so hot that guests were moving the tables from where they were set. Which was allowed but there was only a small section of shade near the building. So not every round table fit in that area. Then there were some people moving chairs in to the shade. But the sun kept moving.  From the museum the land stretches out and gradually slopes off. There is a little forest, a secluded, private area. There were trees, bushes, flowers, and a brick laid path. The path winds down to a seating area. This path then leads to road.


The reception ended around 7 p.m. because the couple had to catch a flight. Their honeymoon is two weeks in Ireland!

I enjoyed the wedding and the reception. I am honored that I got to be a part of this moment in the couple's lives.


Readers, if you want to, let me know where you had your honeymoon.
Thanks for reading. I hope you had a great day.

These are my photos, please do not take them, copy them. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment