Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Friday, June 6, 2014

Hello readers!

I wanted to share what happened to me on Friday, June 6, 2014.

I got the OPI Little Bits Of Neon Mini Set for $12.99 at Sally Beauty Supply (in-store). I got the 6 piece set which includes: Juice Bar Hopping, Life Gave Me Lemons, You Are So Outta Lime, Push & Pur-pull, Hotter Than You Pink, and Down To The Core-al.

Online at Ulta this set is $19.95. Then add the cost of shipping.
 http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod10411061

 On my right foot, I painted my nails with Down To The Core-al. I used the OPI Natural Base Coat first. I used two layers of this, allowing about a minute or two of drying time in between. Then I painted my toe nails with two layers of Down To The Core-al; again allowing about a minute or two of drying time in between each layer.

On my left foot, I painted my nails with Hotter Than You Pink.
I did the same routine/application to these nails as described previously.

Once the polish dries, it looks matte. I added the OPI TOP COAT and once this dries, the neon colored shined. 


For my hands: 
I painted my right hand, the index finger, the thumb, and the pinky AVON's Nailwear Pro+ in the shade  Luxe Lavender  and there are many shades you can purchase. The NAILWEAR PRO+ Nail Enamel is currently on sale, online for $3.49, original price was $6.00. AVON claims that this enamel will last twelve days and increases nail strength by 80%. As well, AVON says this enamel has a high-shine finish and will resists dings, bangs, and nicks. There is no formaldehyde, toluene or phthalates in this enamel. After I applied a base coat, then this polish then letting it dry, there was a shine to the nail. I still applied a top coat, the OPI TOP COAT. 

For my middle finger, on the right hand, after applying a base coat, I painted this nail with OPI's Little Bits Of Neon Mini in the shade Push & Pur-pull. This shade when painting the first coat came out streaky. After letting one layer dry I had put another layer and let that dry. For me, I had to build the layers to get the dark pure color. After many layers, this shade does not look like a neon. This color is like a dark fuschia or a dark burgundy. Then I applied the OPI TOP COAT.

For my ring finger, on the right hand, after applying a base coat, I painted this nail with OPI's Little Bits Of Neon Mini in the shade You Are So Outta Lime. After one thin layer, I did not like this color with the other colors I had already painted. After that layer dried I added the shade Life Gave Me Lemons on top of it. For this shade, I had to build the layers to get the rich color I wanted. Allowing drying time in between. Then I added the OPI TOP COAT.

For my left hand, I painted all the nails with AVON's Nailwear Pro+ in the shade Luxe Lavender. Doing the same process explained previously. 

 
This photo was taken in natural, sun lighting. About 6 PM.


The purple smudged writing on my wrist says: Choice, Focus, Effort.
Friday evening, my parents and  I and a family friend went to Armstrong Garden Centers, Long Beach. This place is located at 3842 East 10th Street Long Beach, CA 90804. This place has an indoor store selling some things like BBQ's, patio furniture, and food products. My dad loves pumpkin butter. He will buy different brands of pumpkin butter. This is what he bought:


 All the plants, pots, and other things are arranged outside of the store. You do not even have to buy anything. It is open for you to walk around and look. I love taking pictures of most of the flowers. And there happened to be two doves sitting on a water pipe line.

Leaving Armstrong Garden Centers, my parents and our friend and I went back home to eat:

Accompanying this lasagna was yellow squash and garlic bread. I recommend if you like lasagna and if you have a Fresh & Easy near you, to buy it, take it home,cook it and eat it. Then let me know what you think. I thought this lasagna was good. I like lasagna when it is hot and fresh out of the oven. The garlic bread is my weakness. Readers, do you like homemade or store bought lasagna? If store bought, could you share with me your favorite? If you like homemade lasagna, would you like to share your recipe with me?

Thank you for reading this post. The pictures in this post were taken by me. Please do not take my photos. And if you are still going to take my photos, please credit me. Thank you. 

I hope reader you are having a great day.  "For salvation comes from God. What joys he gives to all his people."Psalm 3:8 The Living Bible.




No comments:

Post a Comment